Sunday 3 February 2008

Weekend Blogger

I have become a weekend blogger, and have only just realised it. I am really too busy in the week to read all the blogs and keep up to date with what people are doing and do what I am supposed to be doing as well as write posts and arrange photos. So therefore when it gets to the weekend and I have time to blog, I forget some of the things that I have been doing in the week.
It was when reading Anna’s blog this morning that I remembered I had arranged a swap with Susan in her Cyber swap on Friday. This is one day earlier than we were supposed to do it but I wasn’t sure if I would remember at the weekend with all the blogging I have to do so I put my offer in and to my delight it was accepted. I sent off my postcard straight away and I am looking forward to receiving Susan’s postcard soon. The one I have chosen is this one and you will see it in her list as number 88.


Information on the Cyber swap and instructions on how to join in can be found on Susan’s blog but I have copied some of the information below.



CYBER FYBER is an exhibition of international fiber art scheduled for January 8th through 20th, 2009 at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios, 808 Lady Street in downtown Columbia, South Carolina, USA. The brainchild of Susan Lenz, this exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs. The exhibition will include three primary areas: Fiber ATCs (Artist Trading Cards); fiber postcards; and the work of several invited artists. The exhibition will also include FIBER DAY and ATC trading day. From the beginning, Susan Lenz is documenting CYBER FYBER on a blog/journal.

2 comments:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Stephanie!
Thanks so much for your help in spreading the word about CYBER FYBER!
Susan

Fannie said...

Susan is an accomplished artist and an amazing person. I'm so glad to be a part of the trade.