I have seen many people in the blogging world get ‘tagged’ and smiled smugly to myself thinking no one knows me well enough to tag me. As I have only been blogging for a couple of months I thought that I would escape this task.
But Fannie, who lives stateside, has caught me out and tagged me with what seems to be, among other things, an honesty list.
There are rules to tagging, but at first glance it doesn’t seem too bad, only 5 rules to follow.
1. When tagged place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an email letting those bloggers know they have been tagged!
The first one is easy to deal with as I have already done this in telling you the rules.
The second is even easier as Fannie’s blog is already on my side bar and you can check her blog out anytime. You will find her at Imagine, Create, Inspire.
Now number three is the stickler, write seven things about yourself.
What do you write in these things, Fannie’s was very interesting but then again, it looks like Fannie has led an extremely interesting life. How, may I ask you do I follow that?
Let’s see then,
1. I am happily married, have three sons, one daughter in law and the most delightful grandson who gives us all so much pleasure.
2. This is my second marriage and we made 20 years together this year. It is my husband’s first marriage and we are very happy together.
3. I have my 60th birthday this year and although it is sad to grow old I hope that I am ripening well. I may add that only the outside of me is this old, the inside is much younger.
4. I have stitched for many years but stitching became my main hobby when I had my third son and he slept so well in the afternoons I became bored. I have never been bored since.
5. I once had a job that included stitching the upholstery for the living area in large horseboxes. I worked on Princess Anne’s and the King of Sweden’s horse box and wrote messages to them on the inner foam.
6. When I was a small girl I collected eggs from the hay barn from my Uncle’s farm and milked the cows.
7. I have the best job in the world as I teach my students to do patchwork and quilting which is what I do as a hobby.
Rule number four is to name seven of my favourite blogs which is very difficult as I am currently watching over one hundred blogs on 'blogger'. Which I must say is a wonderful facility as it lets me know when someone makes a new post so I read it very soon after it has been posted.
I would have tagged Fannie but I think that is unfair so my other choices are.
Marie who you will find at zquilts and will amaze you with her beautiful work and how much she does, check out the photo’s while you are there as they are spectacular.
Catherine is the second person I would like to tag as everyone should see her art, my favourite being ‘The Eye of the Tiger’. Take a look.
Kate is my third choice as she is just one work machine, I can but wonder if she does much more than stitch and make. I really enjoy her blog.
Number four on my list is a 'must-see', please visit Sara, she is my swap partner in a valentine swap run by Lucy. I just love the fabrics that Sara uses in the things she makes; check out her Etsy store as well.
Number five is easy as you just can’t miss Annabel’s blog, pop in and be amazed by her snowdrops and she will lead you astray to here as well.
Number six has to be Monkee Maker as this blog sometimes has me crying with laughter, I daresay this is a little unfair as she is so popular I should think she has already been tagged loads of times. Sorry, I just can’t leave you out.
Finally, and this has been really hard work to narrow it down and also find someone that hasn’t been tagged recently, I would like to tag Sally, now this is a lady who can quilt! I do enjoy Sally’s blog as she is so sharing to everyone with her techniques. If you visit here you will have a wonderful time.
I think I have cheated a little bit as I have in fact mentioned more that my seven required blogs. But never mind they are the cream of the crop so worth looking in at.
All I have to do now is email these ladies to let them know that they have been tagged. Well that wasn’t too bad after all and I hope you enjoy visiting the blogs I have chosen as much as I do and that you will include them on your 'blogger' list so that they are all a regular feature in your lives.
Participation is voluntary. No obligation.