Saturday 26 January 2008

Journal and Take it Further Challenge

I have been very remiss at not saying that I signed up for the TIF challenge on Sharon’s site. This is to go on for the whole of 2008, I enrolled early as I was sorry that I did not get involved in the challenge for 2007. The challenge for this month is to design and create a piece of work that is either from someone you admire or from the colours shown by Sharon on her blog. I have chosen the colours and linked this challenge with the Contempory Quilt Group Journal quilt challenge for 2008. The criteria for this challenge is that the piece should be 12” x 12” and challenge you to do new techniques or design methods.

I finished mine this week and although I did concentrate on it and get it done in a few days because I knew what I wanted to do, I forgot Sharon asking if we would share the making of the item and record the finished item on her site. I did get it done quickly so maybe she won’t mind and I will try and remember next month.

Fabrics stamped with leaves and motifs.


Finished 12” x 12” Journal quilt.



Detail



I am not sure if I like it or not, but I know I have achieved all the things I set out to do. I have to remember that it is a challenge and therefore maybe not a perfect finished. It is not the most exciting piece I have done, we will have to see what February brings.

1 comment:

mzjohansen said...

Love the quilting!