Thursday 29 May 2008

Sadly with a smile.

I heard yesterday that Beryl Cook; well-known English painter of humorous situations has died at the age of 81. Her work was admired by many for her humour and she was a well-respected artist.
I belong to the New Horizons Textile Group, all of which respected and enjoyed Beryl’s work. So much so that a couple of years ago we made a mixed technique group wall hanging called ‘Daphne’s Show and Tell’

As you can see it was done in the style of Beryl Cook and like most of Beryl’s paintings this wall hanging was made to make you smile.

Beryl Cook – Remembered with a smile.

4 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Your wall hanging is amazing - a fitting tribute! Lucy x

Julie said...

I agree, what an amazing wall hanging. I really love Beryl Cook's work and her great sense of humour. I was saddened to hear the news of her death yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I think Beryl would have liked your wall hanging...she loved to see people enjoying themselves, and had none of the pretensiousness of some artists. Yes, it is sad, but she lived a full life and enjoyed herself, so, here's to Beryl, long may she be remembered and admired! Fran

quiltygal said...

Sorry to admit that I never knew of Beryl or her art but the wall hanging is great. Thanks for visiting my blog & your nice comments such nice people out there in blogland:)
Claire
Im now off to peruse your older posts!!